ART SHOW + COMPETITION.
It's a dazzling display of some of the finest artwork in the area located in the North Augusta Arts and Heritage Center with a reception & announcement of winners.
OPEN TO ALL VISUAL ARTISTS
10 am - 4 pm, Friday, March 1
10 am - 2 pm, Monday, March 4
March 7 - 28, 2024
Thursday, March 21, 5 - 8 pm
Thursday, March 28, 10 am - 4 pm
Entry Fee $35.00 for up to three pieces.
(Make checks payable to NACAC)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR HANGING WORK (PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW)
1. Original Works Only. We cannot accept gicleé or offset prints. All work must be original, conceived by the artist and not produced in a class or tutorial setting in which other artists are producing the same image. It should not be copied from published or copyrighted materials without express permission from the originator.
2. All work to be hung must be framed. properly wired and ready to hang. Gallery wrapped edges are acceptable on unframed, stretched canvasses. No sawtooth hangers will be allowed. Commercial frames with eyelets or other hanging systems still must be wired. There will be no exceptions to these conditions.
3. All work must be labeled on the back at lower left or right with the artist’s name, title of the piece, medium and price. The title must conform to that on your inventory and on this loan agreement.
4. Paperwork should be filled out in advance. Loan agreement forms will be sent when notifying artists of coming events. You may acquire forms by calling or emailing the Center director (firstname.lastname@example.org) or from link ABOVE.
5. All submissions must be available for sale to the public. Items not for sale may be entered with approval of the Executive Director, no more than one per entrant.
ART RETRIEVAL POLICY
The Arts & Heritage Center is an exhibition facility and has minimal storage space. The AHCNA cannot store exhibition pieces that have not been retrieved following an exhibit. Artists who participate in an exhibition are provided the dates of the exhibit and dates for the retrieval of their entries. Artists must comply with these deadlines and remove their exhibit material within the designated time unless prior arrangements are made with the Executive Director. Artists may arrange for someone else to pick up their work with notification and approval by the Executive Director. The AHCNA’s procedure for exhibit materials not picked up on time is as follows:
1. Notification will be made by phone or email to the artist within a week following the end of the retrieval period. A storage charge of up to $5.00 per day may be levied if the art is not picked up within two weeks of the date of the notification.
2. In the absence of a prior agreement with the Executive Director for an extension of the deadline for pick-up, unclaimed work left longer than two months beyond the pick-up deadline for the exhibition for which it was submitted will become the property of the AHCNA.
3. After two occurrences of exhibit materials not being retrieved in a timely manner, the artist will be removed from the AHCNA juried artists list and the AHCNA gift shop, and will be barred from exhibiting in the future.
All artwork must be for sale unless authorized by the Executive Director. A 30% commission from sales in the exhibition will be retained by the AHCNA. 70% of the sale price will be remitted to the owner/agent. Payments are mailed at the end of each quarter. There is no sales tax due on sales processed through the AHCNA. Artwork that is purchased cannot be removed by the purchaser until the close of the exhibit, unless otherwise agreed to by the Executive Director.
Thank You for supporting the arts in North Augusta!
For questions regarding the delivery, pickup and art sales contact Mary Anne Bigger at the Arts and Heritage Center at 803-441-4380 or email at email@example.com.